AARP (The Parent)
- Tax-exempt social welfare organization [501(c)(4)] with a membership.
- Leads positive social change and helps members live their best lives through information, nonpartisan advocacy and service.
- International initiatives foster exchanges of ideas related to the opportunities and challenges of aging populations.
- Umbrella organization that supports affiliated entities.
AARP Services, Inc.
- Wholly owned taxable subsidiary of AARP. "Triple bottom line" supports AARP's broader mission.
- AARP Services is where AARP's mission meets the marketplace. ASI leads the way by encouraging companies to make available new and better choices for Americans 50+. AARP Services also engages in new product development activities for AARP and provides certain consulting services to outside companies.
- Manages endorsed-product relationships
- Develops new products
- Tax-exempt public charity [501(c)(3)] affiliated with AARP.
- Sparks bold, innovative solutions that help vulnerable older adults build economic opportunity and social connectedness.
- Charitable work
- Legal advocacy
- Direct services (Tax-Aide, Senior Community Service Employment Program)
Legal Counsel for the Aging
Legal Counsel for the Elderly, AARP's second affiliated charity, is a nonprofit organization that champions the dignity and rights of seniors in Washington, D.C.