AARP (The Parent)
- Tax-exempt social welfare organization [501(c)(4)] with a membership.
- Leads positive social change and helps members live their best lives through information, nonpartisan advocacy and service.
- International initiatives foster exchanges of ideas related to the opportunities and challenges of aging populations.
- Umbrella organization that supports affiliated entities.
AARP Services, Inc.
- Wholly owned taxable subsidiary of AARP. "Triple bottom line" supports AARP's broader mission.
- AARP Services is where AARP's mission meets the marketplace. ASI leads the way by encouraging companies to make available new and better choices for Americans 50+. AARP Services also engages in new product development activities for AARP and provides certain consulting services to outside companies.
- Manages endorsed-product relationships
- Develops new products
AARP Experience Corps
AARP Experience Corps, a national leader in engaging older adult tutors to improve K-3 student literacy in disadvantaged schools, has joined forces with AARP, the nation's largest organization for 50+ Americans.
As part of AARP, AARP Experience Corps will have the opportunity to vastly increase its potential to tap into the experience and passion of older Americans to ensure that every child has a chance to succeed in school and in life.
- Tax-exempt public charity [501(c)(3)] affiliated with AARP.
- Focuses on helping low-income, vulnerable older people meet their everyday needs (food, housing, income and personal connections)
- Charitable work
- Direct services (Tax-Aide, Senior Community Service Employment Program)
Legal Counsel for the Aging
Legal Counsel for the Elderly, AARP's second affiliated charity, is a nonprofit organization that champions the dignity and rights of seniors in Washington, D.C.